Choosing the right solicitor can help prevent an exciting experience from becoming a stressful one. Whether you are a first time buyer or a seasoned investor, Dillex provides a friendly service from our experienced, efficient and approachable professionals. We offer a fixed fee for residential conveyancing work which eliminates the worry associated with potentially spiraling costs, and guarantee to keep you fully informed at every stage of the transaction.
We also deal with all aspects of Re-mortgages, Transfers of property following relationship breakdown, Gifts of property and Trusts.
Our conveyancing teams are the cornerstone of our business. Our in-depth local knowledge and strong relationships with estate agents and developers mean clients keep coming back and new customers feel safe putting their business in our hands.
Our conveyancing team is made up of Solicitors (with 3 to 8 years’ experience). The team is supervised by a Managing Partner who has over 10 years’ experience working in commercial and residential conveyancing.
WHAT WE DO
Whether buying or selling a freehold or a leasehold property, the main task we undertake in all transactions include
- Review your instructions and give initial advice.
- Review the legal property’s title and addressing issues of joint ownership (if applicable).
- Negotiate/draft/advise on contractual documents
- Initiate/respond to any inquiries about the property.
- Manage exchange of contracts and provide regular updates
- Dealing with the assignment of the lease (unregistered leasehold properties only).
- Preparation, submission and payment of Stamp Duty Land Tax returns HMRC if instructed.
- Register purchase and any mortgage at Land Registry
- Advising on the need for legal indemnity insurance (where applicable).
- Overcoming any Land Registry Restrictions to registration of your purchase (where applicable).
When purchasing a property
- Conduct conveyancing searches in relation to the property.
- Ensure finances are in place to fund the purchase and correspond with the lender and or their solicitors (if applicable).
- Report on the legal title and issue a certificate of title in the customary form.
- Serve a Notice of Transfer on the landlord or its managing agents (leasehold only).
- Advise on ‘short’ leases (if applicable).
- Explain the conditions of mortgage offer to you (if applicable).
When selling a property
- Advise and prepare seller property information / other standard conveyancing forms (where applicable).
- Follow up with managing agents on inquiries (leasehold only).
- Discharge any charges (where applicable).
- Obtain landlord’s license to assign (leasehold only).
- Transfer any share in a freehold company or a management company to the buyer.